Testimonials & Articles
“I feel numb! This was an out of body experience… everyone is talking around me but in my head I am hearing silence… thinking this is just a nightmare… someone will wake me soon and things would be back to normal. I waited… and waited… and waited. OK, this is NOT a dream… where is my husband?… I need answers, but I can’t formulate a question in my head that would make sense of this!… I need help… God, are you there?”
That was me a couple years ago. I have come such a long way. But, not without support. Firstly, prayer…. much prayer. Secondly, family support- after being guided by VSF on techniques for handling and assisting in my recovery, they proved to be iconic along this journey. Thirdly, VSF psychological support through therapy sessions that were comforting, guiding, restorative and accommodating.
I know the journey continues but I am certainly not where I used to be, and I am indeed grateful.
VIT (victor in training).
Avoid being a victim. Potential criminals often study their victims and view areas where the victim is highly emotionally invested as a possible weak link for penetration… read more
How to soothe toddlers’ nightmares. read more
Trauma and Toddlers .. read more
Resource reviews with Caron. captivating book reviews of impacting resource novels and books, featured quarterly in The Southerner. Done by Caron Asgarali- Author, Teacher and Survivor
- A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser… ‘Why me?.. Why not me?’..read more
- Bounce better game shifter .. acceptance and giving up are on the opposite spectrums of resilience… read more
Post traumatic stress disorder. A traumatic incident may cause mild PTSD symptoms in one individual while chronically debilitating in another… read more
Lost a loved one?…Living through Grief.. read more
Trinidad Express Newspaper. She is little known…. read more
How to identify a traumatized child! read more.
Help the children! .. Break the silence .. read more
Dear Diary! – Article excerpts of interviews with direct and indirect victims of violent crime by Ms. Nichelle Dottin-John B.A. Psychology & Counselling.
- Ohhh Mama!- A mother’s story of hope. ‘It is a dreadful thing to be the mother of a rape victim and the mother-in-law of a victim of a brutal chop wound…’ read more
- The Enemy Within. A ‘wake-up’ call for a victim of domestic violence. ‘She had watched enough LMN episodes on TV, to know the drill. Everything was done on auto pilot, with Bernice by her side…’ read more
- Male victim speaks out!.. read more
- Am I a victim of abuse?.. read more .. if you answer ‘yes’ to any of these, please seek help now!